If you are looking for a fish finder that produces accurate fish arches and underwater images, the Garmin Echo 551dv does not disappoint. The device provides accurate images of whatâs happening beneath your boat and the possible fish arches thanks to its wholesome transducer. The all-in-one transducer, in combination with other high-tech features, delivers quality scanned images.
This Garmin Echo 551dv review covers everything you need to know; the good, the ugly, and the pure ingenious ones.
Features of the Garmin Echo 551dv
# Auto Gain Technology
Do you ever concentrate too much on fishing such that important things like the fish arch pass you? If so, the Garmin Echo 551dvâs auto-gain technology will help you. The technology automatically adjusts the setting to get you improved viewing. It reduces clutter and maximizes your ability to spot objects beneath your boat.
# 5-Inch Color Display
This fish finder comes with a 5-inch VGA display screen with a resolution of 480 by 640 pixels. The display produces in-depth color images. You can view the images either horizontally or vertically without straining. With both options, you can zoom for better viewing and identification of fish arches and other structures.
The fishing device has a split screen mode. Therefore, you can see different sonars at the same time and in great detail.
# Advanced 4-Pin All-in-One 77/200 kHz HD-ID/DownVu Transducer
This Garmin model features a dual beam transducer with both DownVu and HD-ID capacity. The sonar channels can reach 2300 feet depth given the 500w power. Apart from this, they show accurate images of the fish arch within the boat and other underwater inhabitants. This is useful and applicable in different water bodies like lakes and even rivers.
Users of the Garmin Echo 551dv have praised it for its high sensitivity and accuracy. Its target separation and bottom tracking capacity make it one of the best Garmin fish finders in the market.
# Smooth Scaling
The Garmin Echo 551dv display has an advanced smooth scaling technology that allows smooth switching from deep to shallow water and vice versa. This comes in handy when fishing in new grounds that are hard to navigate. The technology not only helps with recording depth changes, but also identification of underwater structures.
# User Friendly Navigation Buttons and Use Menu
There are control buttons located on the right side of the unit. The top control is the menu and power button. Below it is an Enter and navigation button. The buttons are labeled. When you press any of the buttons, you can access many of the features as well as control the device.
- The auto gain technology minimizes clutter by automatically re-adjusting the settings. It also maximizes targets
- therefore improving viewership.
- Dual sonar channel that can go up to 2300 feet deep. This allows clear detection and separation of fish from other water creatures.
- Features a sonar history rewind feature. With it
- you can record and watch the saved sonar records later.
- Has a 5-inch color VGA display screen that allows split screen view; vertical and horizontal.
- Ultra-scroll capability that makes targeting fish arches easy even when running your boat at high speeds.
- Lacks smartphone syncing. Therefore
- recorded sonar history cannot be reviewed through the smartphone.
- Has no GPS and therefore does not help with navigation.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the length of the transducer cable?
This gadget comes with a sizeable 20 feet cable, which is perfect for maneuvering around.
- Does it support all languages?
The model currently supports the English language.
- Does it have a swivel mount?
Yes, this unit comes with a swivel mount. The adjustable cable is adjustable and can be used to view from multiple angles.
The Garmin Echo 551dv fish finder features a VGA display screen that allows split screen viewing on both horizontal and vertical display. The zooming capability allows you to easily and clearly differentiate fish for up to 2300 feet thanks to the dual channel sonar.
Thanks to the sonar history record feature, you can rewind everything to help improve your fishing skills. This is definitely the best fish finder for those looking for both accuracy and user friendliness.