Garmin Striker 7SV Review
BUY ON AMAZON
Here’s a detailed Garmin Striker 7SV review:
This fish finder model features a rugged design that can withstand even the harshest of environments. Garmin Striker 7SV can effortlessly hold up against harsh elements to give the angler accurate readings with precision. Every angler needs a premium quality fish finder that works perfectly well in different elements regardless on where you plan on fishing.
If you are looking for the best fish finder on the market to suit your lifestyle then the Garmin Striker 7SV is your best bet owing to its rugged design. This fish finder will complement your lifestyle which typically means that you don’t have to change a thing.
Garmin Striker 7SV performs remarkably well in harsh environments. The best thing about this fish finder model is that the fish can slip away once its locked in.
The GPS usually has high sensitivity giving the angler the ability to mark different locations including hotspots. You can also use the GPS to mark speed which makes it ideal for you to sneak up on the fish without disturbing or scaring them away. This will help you focus more on the fishing process as opposed to worrying about startling the fish since you know the pace at which you need to cruise.
You can also get to pinpoint exact spots where the fish hide after marking the location. You easily lure fish that are standing still with the right speed and GPS setting. This way, you won’t disturb or scare them away once you get to where they are.
Garmin Striker 7SV features a waypoint map that shows the surrounding areas from the point where you are fishing. The best part about this feature is that you can mark and navigate certain landmarks to different locations helping you find where the fish are hiding.
What’s more, you can also find stumps, docks and piles. With the map, you’ll be sure where to search for the fish regardless of where you look.
Garmin Striker 7SV is best suited for those anglers who are looking to try out fishing in various water bodies. You can’t get lost on the water when using a map especially since you know the exact locations to get the fish. Avid fishers will appreciate the mapping features on this fish finder model.
- Falls on the lower side of the pricing spectrum which makes it ideal for most recreational anglers
- It’s easy to install and operate
- This fish finder produces high resolution images
- It clearly shows the bait balls underneath the water body
- It’s easy to use
- Perfect for bass fishing in freshwater
- It gives you correct and accurate readings with precision
- It helps detect fish where you are with ease
- You can program this fish finder according to your personal specifications
- It features a large monitor that clearly displays data
- This fish finder works perfectly well in different types of weather conditions
- Has an excellent down view
- This fish finder is versatile as it works remarkably well in both shallow and deep waters
- You start out fishing right away once you get it out of the box. You don’t have to spend hours learning how to use it or install
- It features handy automatic modes for those who are not quite conversant with fish finders
- Some people hate the auto modes
- Garmin Striker 7SV comes with a low quality transducer
- You cannot upload waypoints t this fish finder model
- The side view appears a bit choppy
- Doesn’t include preloaded maps
- Some units don’t work directly right from the box
You can pinpoint the exact location of the fish thanks to the CHIRP sonar. The CHIRP sonar usually provides a consistent sweep on the water to guide the angler on the location of the fish. What’ more, you can effortlessly change the pitch from low to high and vice versa to get more information. It’s always important to know the hotspots and hiding areas of the fish when travelling along the water body.
A well-functioning CHIRP sonar usually works perfectly when you move from deep water towards the shallow end. It typically creates high resolution images with some bright arches. What’s more, it has perfect target separation that helps give accurate information especially when tracking the fish. Besides, it’s one of the best ways to lock on the target and also anticipate any of their moves.
Garmin Striker 7SV comes with an in-built flasher to allow you to view the displayed data in different formats. This fish finder model features a classic format, best suited for anglers who prefer this type of format. It’s ideal for vertical jigging or ice fishing.
Regardless of the type of fishing activity you plan on indulging in, Garmin Striker 7SV will help you catch fish in different locations. This fish finder will not only help you catch fish with ease but will also give you a better fishing experience while at it. Most anglers appreciate the in-built flasher that guides them on where to fish.
Garmin Striker 7SV features a 7-inch screen display with a wide field of field to show everything under the water. The large, full color screen display allows you to easily differentiate between the debris nearby and the fish for a hassle-free fishing experience.
The best thing about this fish finder model is that it gives correct and accurate readings. False reading will be a thing of the past when using this fish finder since you’ll know exactly what you are looking at on the screen to avoid any confusion.
The large screen displays crisp images allowing the user to pinpoint the exact location of the target. The screen is big and clear enough that you won’t need your glasses when going for a fishing adventure. What’s more, the fish will have nowhere to hide since you’ll be seeing them clearly.
Garmin Striker 7SV Features
- 500 watts power
- CHIRP sonar
- GPS with high sensitivity
- Rugged design
- In-built flasher
- Waypoint maps
- 7-inch full color display screen
- Speed Tracker
- Find barriers, docks and other different objects
- Depth range
- Share routes and waypoints
- Compact design for ease of carrying around and transportation
- Comes with regular transducer
- Smooth scaling software technology
- Allows for different types of fishing including vertical jigging and ice fishing
- Ability to detect whether the fish is moving away or closer to where you are
How to Use the Garmin Striker 7SV Effectively
You should be conversant with a few things to get the most out of the Garmin Striker 7SV even though it’s user-friendly. This fish finder is best suited for use in water up to 750 feet which makes it ideal for fishing on the lake.
The fish finder has impressive features that you can program according to your personal specifications for a better fishing experience. What’s more, you can use the high-sensitivity GPS to pinpoint different locations where you plan on fishing.
You can also visit the pinpointed locations in future. The tracking speed feature is ideal for those who plan on using the Garmin Striker 7SV when they are coasting. You get to see where the fish are hiding when cruising.
Garmin Striker 7SV is one of the best fish finders on the market. It has it all and you can start using it right out of the box since you only need to hook it to the boat. It features simple programs for ease of detecting the hotspots. You can always rely on this fish finder model to find more fish regardless on where you plan on fishing.