In this Hawkeye FishTrax 1X review, we go through an overview of the fish finder, looking at its capabilities, strengths and weaknesses.
We all want a product that makes things easier since no one wants to go fishing and come back empty handed. Most anglers would want something that will help them detect the exact location of the fish in water and their hideout spots. This is where the HawkEye FT1PX FishTrax Portable Dot Matrix Fish Finder comes into play.
BUY ON AMAZON
HawkEye FT1PX FishTrax Portable Dot Matrix Fish Finder has a great display that shows the exact location of the fish on the screen. The sonar technology, on the other hand, gives you all the necessary information when fishing including the depth of the water body. This unit is one of the best fish finders on the market owing to the impressive features and portability.
Here’s a detailed Hawkeye Fishtrax 1X review:
HawkEye FishTrax 1X Review
Features of the HawkEye FT1PX FishTrax Portable Dot Matrix Fish Finder
Dot Matrix Screen Display
Some units are quite hard to understand and read and this can make the entire fishing process complicated. However, this is not the case with the Hawkeye Fishtrax 1x as it features a dot matrix display. The dot matrix display typically delivers clear indications of the happenings in the water for ease of fishing. It also helps anglers know exactly where and what to look for in terms of water depth and fish.
Mountable and Portable
There different types of fish finders on the market. Some are permanently mounted on the boat or kayak and are not easy to transport. Hawkeye FT1PX FishTrax Portable Fish Finder is compact enough for ease and convenience of transportation and carrying around especially when you are on the go. The best thing about this portable fish finder for boat is that it’s also mountable if you don’t want to carry it around.
Those who are conversant with fishing know that the depth of the water body is quite significant as it usually translates to the amount of fish in that particular area. Hawkeye FT1PX FishTrax offers water depth which is quite important when it comes to fishing. This means that the information displayed will help you catch more fish because you’ll know exactly where to find them.
Hawkeye FT1PX FishTrax Fish Finder will also help you find the fish in water along with the water depth feature. This unit will not only give you information on the water depth but also the depth of the fish underneath water. There’s no room for guesswork when using this fish finder.
This fish finder would not be able to show the depth of the water and fish without the intelligent sonar. Hawkeye FT1PX FishTrax Portable Dot Matrix Fish Finder uses dual frequency sonar technology to display important information on the LCD screen. This helps the fisher catch more fish and know what is happening in the water.
RELATED: Best Sonar Fish Finder
Benefits of the Hawkeye FT1PX Fish Finder
- Hawkeye Fishtrax 1x is portable for ease of transportation and carrying around when on the go
- Its battery powered
- This unit is mountable
- It uses intelligent sonar to display the metrics
- It has a great display and is easy to use
- It shows the depth of the fish and water
- You can see the size of the fish on the screen
- Hawkeye FT1PX FishTrax Portable Dot Matrix Fish Finder doesn’t work well in cold weather conditions
- The screen display tends to delay with any change on the depth zone
- Temperature and depth reading are not properly displayed on the screen
- It’s not ideal for long fishing trips since it has a short battery life
- Dot matrix display
- Battery powered – You don’t need to use the boat battery to power it
- Surface clutter
- Variable zone
- Bottom composition and contour
- Fish and water depth
- Portable, compact and mountable
- It provides correct and accurate readings thanks to the intelligent sonar technology
- It features 10-level sensitivity that helps anglers find more fish
Here is a video overview of the fish finder:
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Can you see different fish sizes using the Hawkeye FT1PX Fish Finder?
You can see the size of the fish basing on the sonar echoes below the water if you are not using the fish icons.
2. Hawkeye FT1PX FishTraxis mountable but does it come with mounting hardware?
No. This unit doesn’t come with mounting hardware so you have to buy them separately.
3. Can you use Hawkeye FT1PX FishTrax Portable Fish Finder for ice fishing?
Yes! However, there are some instructions that you need to follow so that it serves you better including using lithium batteries and the ice flasher mode.
Fishing is not only relaxing but also fun especially if you are using the right gear. However, it can become annoying and less fun if you don’t catch any fish and this is where the Hawkeye FT1PX FishTrax Portable Dot Matrix Fish Finder comes in handy.