The Garmin FishFinder 160C is one of the most affordable and easy to use fish finders available.
If you’re an inland boater, the Garmin 160C FishFinder is a terrific buy, offering you or the fisherman in your life clarity for a great price.
With its Autograin technology and high dynamic range, fish are not only easier to find, but can be done so at just a one-foot depth. The average fisherman, or fisherwoman, is bound to see success from the very first use of this outstanding product.
Pros for using the Garmin Fishfinder 160C include that it is easy to use, especially with its color screen which allows you to set it up however you like. There’s a dim option as well, so the brightness of the display is totally up to the user.
Constant Depth Readings
What is really wonderful about the Garmin 160C is the constant depth readings which can be even more valuable when you fish in particularly shallow waters. An alert sound can easily result in preventing a boat from becoming stuck and thereby ruining a fishing outing.
Affordable Rugged Fish Finder
If you prefer to fish in freshwater lakes, you will love the Garmin Fishfinder 160C. It’s a rugged, affordable fishfinder that helps pinpoint the location of nearby fish, even from the side of the boat. While the autogain function is great, you can adjust it to the setting of your choice, giving you control of how much detail you see.
Features and specifications of the Garmin Fishfinder 160C include:
- Full-featured sonar that has a sunlight readable 4.5-inch, 128 X 128 16-Color CSTN display.
- Dual beam transducer that can switched to a narrow 14-foot or wider 45-foot view for maximum freshwater performance.
- Ultrascroll high rep rate sonar that refreshes the screen rapidly, giving the user the newest information at all times.
- Power output: 150 watts (RMS), 1200 watts (peak to peak).
- Unit remembers user settings when it is turned off.
- 2X and 4X automatic and manual zoom.
- Battery voltage indicator.
- Available alarms are provided for low battery, fish size, shallow water, and deep water.
Garmin FishFinder 160C Customer Review
Have used the Garmin 160C Portable Fishfinder and find that it’s easy to use, works well at locating fish, and the depth reader has saved my boat.
– Review Paraphrased for size, read original review here.
Warning: Don’t Pay Too Much!
If you want to buy the Garmin FishFinder 160C and are looking for a great price, you can get it from Amazon through this link here. I have not yet seen it cheaper anywhere else.